Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Let the Games Begin


It's already started. The far-right in the U.S. are leaping out of the marks to turn on each other. One of the first out was that degenerate, pill-popper, Rush Limbaugh who had this to say today on his web site:

"I feel liberated. I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I am no longer going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve to have their water carried. Well you might say well why have you been doing it? Because the stakes are high. Even though the Republican Party let us down, to me they represent a far better future for my beliefs and therefore the country's than the Democrat Party and liberalism does."

I expect this slug will be ordering himself a double helping of prime rib of Rummie for din dins tonight.

The knives are out. The religious fundamentalists seem to be today's Republican faithful. The fiscal conservatives just weren't there last night. The social conservatives will probably now try to consolidate their hold on the party. The Republican powers will have to find some way to reconcile these disparate groups or surrender any serious prospect of reclaiming their congressional monopoly any time in the near future.

There's an old word that's returned to the Republican vocabulary: bipartisanship. The most unilateral, arrogant bunch in Washington in many decades now wants the Dems to play ball. Huh? Until last night the Repugs wouldn't give congressional Dems the time of day. Now they're crying "uncle." Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

No comments: