Wednesday, July 04, 2007

At Least He Was Driving a Hybrid

Al Gore's son, Al III, has been arrested on drug charges.

Little Al was driving his eco-friendly Toyota Prius at 100 mph on a San Diego expressway when he was pulled over by the police. Inside the car they found a small quantity of marijuana and an array of prescription tranquilizers and pain-killers for which Junior apparently has no prescription.

Al III seems to be a bit of a hellraiser. 2003 - charged with possession of marijuana. 2002 - arrested for drunk driving. 2000 - ticketed for reckless driving. I think Junior needs to retain Rush Limbaugh's lawyer at this point.

100 mph on a San Diego freeway? I rode those freeways on my motorcycle a couple of months back. I managed to find my way into the inside, fast lane because I thought I'd be safer there, removed from the lane-changers. The traffic went to 80 mph in a 65 zone. Before long, the "keep up" speed crept up to 100 mph and I thought it astonishing when we zipped past a California Highway Patrol officer sitting on the side of the road watching it all. So I can say, in Little Al's defence, that he's by no means alone in ripping up those expressways at 100 mph.

2 comments:

Jay said...

Look at the bright side.

Who would have thought a hybrid had the guts to get to 100 mph!

I just found my next vehicle!

The Mound of Sound said...

Hi Jay. Yeah I know. 100 mph from a Prius? Who knew?