Friday, September 23, 2016

The Natives are Restless. Be Grateful.


First Nations groups have earned a lot of respect from other Canadians for their stalwart leadership in the fight against the fossil fuelers. Now Canadian tribes have signed a treaty with their American counterparts to unite in the fight against further Tar Sands pipelines.

The Treaty Alliance Against Tar Sands Expansion was signed by 50 aboriginal groups in North America, who also plan to oppose tanker and rail projects in both countries, they said in a statement.

Targets include projects proposed by Kinder Morgan Inc, TransCanada Corp and Enbridge Inc.

While aboriginal groups have long opposed oil sands development, the treaty signals a more coordinated approach to
fight proposals.

7 comments:

rumleyfips said...

They certainly have my thanks.

Toby said...

rumleyfips said, "They certainly have my thanks."

Mine too.

In a similar vein I came across this: Justice Minister Wilson-Raybould should resign over Site C, says Treaty 8 chief .

Stephen Harper's closet seems to have swallowed up several Liberal Ministers including Wilson-Raybould. The pre-election fire has gone out.

The Mound of Sound said...


Toby, you're going to love this:

http://the-mound-of-sound.blogspot.ca/2016/08/justice-minister-jody-two-faced-hack.html

Toby said...

Sorry, I need to edit my link. Here is a useful tool

I sometimes need an after-post edit feature.

Toby said...

Mound, if my post above looks strange it is because my previous post disappeared. It is a chronic problem with blogspots. It happens to me at least once a week here and elsewhere.

Anyway, I was thinking of your previous post when I posted about the missing in action Liberal Ministers.

To use the w3schools tool substitute the appropriate URL between the quotes and replace This is a link with your title. Then copy the long line into your post.

The Mound of Sound said...

Jesus, Toby, that's way past my techie pay grade. Don't forget, I'm from the era when reporters banged away on manual typewriters with cloth ribbons. I thought we were going all to Hell when we switched to electrics. Do they even make those things any more? We also used to shoot news on 16mm film.

Anonymous said...

Anyong....it is nothing but "good" on them.