Monday, September 25, 2017

John McCain's Adieu


Anyone who has lost a friend or loved one to brain cancer knows how rapidly it can claim its victim. That's John McCain's reality and he didn't dodge it in his 60 Minutes interview last night.

Describing his cancer as having a "very poor prognosis" during a Sunday interview with the CBS program "60 Minutes," McCain added that "So I just said, 'I understand. Now we're going to do what we can, get the best doctors we can find and do the best we can. And at the same time, celebrate with gratitude a life well-lived.'"

On his rejection of Republican attempts to destroy Obamacare and whether Trump's animus played a role.

"If I took offense at everybody who has said something about me, or disparaged me or something like that — life is too short. You've got to move on. And on an issue of this importance to the nation, for me to worry about a personal relationship, then I'm not doing my job," McCain said.

On not being Donald Trump.

"He is in the business of making money and he has been successful both in television as well as Miss America and others," McCain said. "I was raised in a military family. I was raised in the concept and belief that duty, honor, country is the lodestar for the behavior that we have to exhibit every single day."

2 comments:

Purple library guy said...

Yeah, OK, fine, I'm sorta sorry he'll be dead soon. Which is more than the warmongering bastard would ever say to any inhabitant of Iraq, Iran, the Middle East more generally, Africa, Russia, China or Vietnam.

Owen Gray said...

I have disagreed with McCain on many things. But I have never questioned his integrity.