Thursday, August 24, 2006

No Bravery

As I write these posts, I go through a process that begins with my morning Globe & Mail and then on to online versions of newspapers and magazines around the world. That gives a pretty broad and, I hope, relatively informed and balanced perspective on the issues I raise on this bolg. I've only been at this a few days but that's been enough to teach me how easy it is to get submerged in the dark side. I'm going to pay that some heed and try to leaven this out with a bit of humour in future posts. There can be no doubt from these writings that I am furious at the way our democratic values and freedoms are being trampled by right-wing extremists and all the innocents around the world, but particularly in the Middle East, who are paying the price for that. I'm now going to post a link to a video that pretty well captures the fury so many of us have come to feel over this brutality. By the way, this video contains graphic images that you will find deeply disturbing. http://news.globalfreepress.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-3431

No comments: