Thursday, September 29, 2011

Don't Be Calling Me for Money

As a former Liberal I'm finding the "ex" part is being overlooked these days.   Whenever the Libs pass the begging bowl I can expect to get an e-mail about it.

What I don't understand is exactly what the Libs have done that would warrant me, a very 'former' party member, handing over my cash to them?   What have they done to reach out to me?   What have they done to reconnect with me and, for that matter, the Canadian public?   How have they reformed the party I've already rejected?   What have they done to purge the Conservative-Lite mantle bestowed on them by Ignatieff?   What have they done to restore genuine progressivism in the LPC?

What have they done?  Bugger all.   And, by my calculation, that's precisely how much of my money they deserve - bugger all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've asked many times to be removed from their lists, yet Liberals keep on phoning and emailing me...

While I enjoy the persistence, I wonder how pissing off an ex-Liberal works? I'm I a demographic that they espouse?