Monday, May 02, 2011

It Is Done

I can't remember an election in which I less wanted to vote.  Having endured enough British Columbia elections in which so many of us are left to vote against the greater of two evils, negative voting is a truly awful ordeal.

I came out of the booth feeling crappy, utterly dispirited, while realizing that the true measure of my disappointment won't be known until the results are announced tonight.  The only thing that could possibly have been worse would have been to vote for the pathetic Conservative incumbent.  For the hapless weevil who received my vote, his/her good fortune is completely undeserved and is owed entirely to the fundamentalist mouthbreather of an empty suit we keep sending to Ottawa to doze fitfully at his Conservative master's feet until the next election.

A pox on all their houses.  I did my duty and lament having done it.

2 comments:

Beijing York said...

I voted strategically. If I had voted with my heart, I would have spoiled the ballot.

The Mound of Sound said...

@Hollie. Comforting words, much appreciated. @BY - dammit, me too!