Friday, August 30, 2019

Kim Campbell Rooting for Dorian to Take Out Mar-a-Lardo



Former prime minister Kim Campbell has stirred up a controversy by tweeting that she's rooting for Hurricane Dorian to take out Trump's resort, Mar-a-Lago.

I suppose that's beneath the decorum expected of a Canadian prime minister but, goodgawdamn, I was saying the very same thing just yesterday as I scoured the internet for maps of Florida and the latest track of the hurricane that largely spared the usual Caribbean victims.

Dorian has derailed Trump's Thug Life pilgrimage to Viktor Orban's Poland while he waits anxiously to learn if Dorian will trash Mar-a-Lardo or his Doral golf resort.

Campbell doesn't think much of the Mango Mussolini. In a tweet from January, she called Trump a "motherf**ker".

7 comments:

Toby said...

I said the same thing. I even entertained thoughts of the Mango Mussolini clinging to a palm tree all night to keep from blowing away and slogging through waist deep water holding hands with Jason Kenny.

The down side is that the American taxpayer would inevitably pay to rebuild Mar-a-Lago.

Owen Gray said...

The ancient Greeks would think such an outcome would be entirely appropriate.

The Mound of Sound said...

Yes, the yin-yang of Hubris and Nemesis.

John B. said...

The place was in need of some renovations anyway. I wonder where he's storing all the consumables that will appear on the insurance claims. How good is his business interruption policy? Events like this fit the business model perfectly.

The Mound of Sound said...


I wonder where the FEMA brigade will be housed. Disaster relief for a disaster of a president.

the salamander said...

.. was never a Kim Campbell fan.. but hell, was never a 'conservative' fan.. gong way back.. to Deifenbaker's jowels.. knew right off Mulroney was a clot.. but she's impressed me lately as a Canadian, I have to say.. Late bloomer ? Maybe.. Does not appear to be onside with out 'thug life' (H/T Mound) Stephen Harper & Ray Novak.. or Andrew Scheer or Jason 'all hat' Kenney.. and been quite vocal via Twitter on that..

Unlike many who take offense too easily or don't read between lines or comprehend context or colloquialism.. I too hoped Dorian would wash del Lago and the stain of Epstein and del Trumpo into the Pacific surf for a true pounding.. so I give her a smile. Do I want those illegals working Trump's lawns and golf greens to lose their livelihood ? No.. Do I wish evil upon Floridians.. no. Tragedy is just that.. horrific for those concerned, winds, destruction, flooding, the elders who cannot come close to coping, the responders & rescuers who will face adversity, the chopper pilots, boatmen, fisherman, shrimpers, the everglades.. Thoughts and Concerns.. Fears and Hope.. are sent their way (no prayers.. I aint made that way.. as I don't pray)

rumleyfips said...

The mayor of San Juan has been spotted buying paper towels.