Friday, September 22, 2017

With Mueller Breathing Down His Neck, Captain Twisty is Losing His Shit.


Donald Trump seems to be going out of his way to convince people that he is coming unglued. Like the worst sort of barroom drunk, Trump is going out of his way to pick fights with anyone and everyone who gets within range of his stubby little fingers.

Donald Trump launched a sensational attack on NFL players who have kneeled in protest of the national anthem during a speech in Alabama on Friday night, challenging the league’s owners to release anyone who engages in the movement started last year by former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’” the president said at a rally at Huntsville’s Von Braun Center in support of Republican senator Luther Strange, who is running in a special GOP primary election next week for the Senate seat vacated by attorney general Jeff Sessions. “You know, some owner is going to do that. He’s going to say, ‘That guy that disrespects our flag, he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it [but] they’ll be the most popular person in this country.”

Trump went on to attribute the NFL’s dip in television ratings to the rule changes implemented over the last few years to make the game less violent and limit head injuries, an issue abruptly thrust back into the spotlight on Thursday with the revelation that Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots star who killed himself in April while serving a life sentence for murder, suffered from a ‘severe’ case of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), the progressive degenerative brain disease that’s been linked to repeated blows to the head.

“When the NFL ratings are down massively, massively,” he said. “Now the number one reason happens to be they like watching what’s happening ... with yours truly. They like what’s happening. Because you know today if you hit too hard: Fifteen yards! Throw him out of the game!”

He added: “They’re ruining the game! That’s what they want to do. They want to hit. They want to hit! It is hurting the game.”
...

Trump’s broadside on Friday wasn’t the first time he’s made light of the NFL’s player safety rules. At a campaign stop in October in Florida, the then-candidate praised a supporter who had fainted from heat exhaustion but returned to the rally after treatment.

“That woman was out cold, and now she’s coming back,” Trump said from the podium. “See, we don’t go by these new, and very much softer, NFL rules. Concussion … ‘Uh oh, got a little ding on the head? No, no, you can’t play for the rest of the season.’ Our people are tough.”

This is a man/boy seriously unhinged. 

8 comments:

the salamander said...

Factoid One - I was not a fan of Kaepernick - nor the SF 49er team lately. I was a huge fan back in the Joe Montana era however. But as I initially struggled with his truly startling initiative.. I then came around.. Its stuff like this that amazes me.. makes me think. When I am forced to admit - by my own feelings or changes in my internal feelings - that I was either a goof or blinded by my own bias..or some other brain blockage

As much as I hate admitting to myself that I was wrong.. or can be wrong
I admit I get really stoked when I realize I can admit such a thing..

I had the same initial impressions back in the day.. when the American relay team did the raised black fist thing during the Olympic medal presentation. As a track and field competitor I was shocked and disturbed.. It was the wrong action in the wrong sacred place by the wrong people.. duh.. I reversed my field quickly as I got my head around the big giant picture those black sprinters were unloading..

Trump is garbage.. pure mouthflap garbage .. he knows shit.. he is shit..
I'm waiting on mainstream media to get their collective shit in one bag
and start calling him out on it to his stinking face
Its smarty pants crapping in his pants stuff
& now State of the Union ... shit

Apologies re the course language Mound..
but there is a point where one has to be realistic
about something underfoot..that's on one's shoe
call it what it is.. and deal with it

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycv6W-QSg0Q

Lorne said...

Oops. I wrote on a similar theme before I read your post this morning, Mound.
No plagiarism intended, my friend.

Owen Gray said...

The man's off his meds. And he's refusing to take them.

The Mound of Sound said...


Jeebus, Lorne, did you read my post? 90% of it is lifted directly from the source. How could you possibly plagiarize what I wrote except to write that Trump is off his nut and, even then, you would be plagiarizing just about every sane writer in the world. Relax, please.

The Mound of Sound said...


What makes this so worrisome to me is the realization that Trump has re-opened the mine, going after that rich vein of racism and hatred that still underlies the United States. He's appealing to his white bread following, attacking a black man, one who earns many times what most Tea Partiers take home every year, who commits the seditious act of refusing to stand for the bunting. You can't help but recall Sinclair Lewis's line about fascism in America carrying a cross and wrapped in the flag.

His remarks about the NFL/concussion/brain injury issue struck me as channeling Schwarzenegger's "Running Man" film. The trailer trash, Trump's loyal following, expect to enjoy their six pack of Bud with plenty of mayhem on the field.

Trump operates on a level of seeming madness that connects with his flock. It makes me wonder if he has a floor, a level of self-degradation he won't exceed if his circumstances worsen, particularly with the special counsel. War as a distraction? Would you rule that out?

Toby said...

"War as a distraction? Would you rule that out?"

No. That's what worries me. Trump wouldn't be the first President to try to boost his ratings by shooting up some small, brown skinned population. Trump seems to want desperately to use nukes on North Korea. I question whether there are enough sane people strategically placed to stop him.

The Mound of Sound said...


Toby, I've wondered what is going on inside the
Deep State, in particular America's network of intelligence and security agencies. It's inconceivable they haven't dissected Trump's psychological infirmities. They know he's a loose cannon and I'm sure they know the threat he faces to the US and its people. Their oath is to defend America from all threats, foreign and domestic. They don't swear allegiance to the president.