Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Well, It's a Start.



Adios, Canada.

It may not sound like much but when you can move 31,285 sq. kms. of rocks and Christmas trees the width of a pencil in a matter of a few months, that's something.

The land in question is Vancouver Island and the movement, away from the mainland, has occurred due to tremors that began in May and really picked up in June.

There have been hundreds of small tremors, 2-3 magnitude earthquakes, recently.

The Big One? No one seems too alarmed, just yet. Of course we probably won't be alarmed until we're tossed out of our beds in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Jay Farquharson said...

Keep in touch, eh!

The Mound of Sound said...


I'll do my best, Jay. I still figure I'll be having the Celestial dirt nap before the tsunami rolls over my grave.

Jay Farquharson said...

I meant as you drift offbinto the sunset,