Tuesday, March 06, 2012

I Don't Believe Anonymous Did Anything Wrong

Did Anonymous threaten Vic Toews as is being suggested?   Did Anonymous warn Toews that, if he didn't kill C-30, it would out him over his involvement with a Manitoba judge?  In other words, did they try to extort Toews?   Was he being blackmailed?

I don't think so.   This question ran through my mind when I first heard the Anonymous clip posted on YouTube a week before the substantive clip came out.   I couldn't identify any element of blackmail to it.  There was no, "if you don't do this, we'll do that," element to it.   It was, "this time next week we'll be releasing this information."  Pretty unequivocal and hard to see how that could be construed as blackmail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vic Toews is a big baby. A bully, he can dish it out but he can't take it.