Friday, March 02, 2012

Is This Just Too Hot For Any of You to Touch?

Anonymous dropped its Vic Toews bombshell today.  It's a very serious allegation of abuse of power which, if it stands, goes to the heart of the Harper government.

I did a post on it this morning but, beyond that, nobody but nobody is touching it.   The allegation is that, while serving as Harper's justice minister, while married and while involved with a "much younger woman" who was pregant with his child, Toews was also bedding a woman in Manitoba whom he then elevated to the high court in his home province.   Coincidentally, this woman became a provincial court judge in 1998 while Toews was Manitoba justice minister.

I just checked and the Anonymous video is still up on YouTube.

So, what gives?

5 comments:

Jim Parrett said...

Thanks for tackling this. I couldn't make it out at all. Perhaps like me many had problems deciphering the audio. Too bad that the bombshell is the one hardest to hear. Maybe Anonymous will issue a transcript. Then the shit will hit the fan.

Anonymous said...

links please

Anonymous said...

By much younger woman do you mean teenager (minor)?

Anyways, the new "bombshell" doesn't sound that surprising, or out of the ordinary. I'm surprised the cons are able to make such a big deal about "viki leaks" like it's the biggest problem.

The Mound of Sound said...

Links aren't needed. Just go to YouTube. It's there.

As for the mother of Toews' newest child, I really don't know how old she is. What I have read is that she was working for his office so I don't imagine she was a minor.

Anonymous said...

Ah, I read somewhere she was, but it could be incorrect.