Monday, April 12, 2010

Guergis Booted Over "Second-Hand" Tip?

See what happens when you can get the prime minister's ear?

Stand-in stuffed suit, Curious John Baird, wasn't saying much about the Guergis affair today but he did let it drop that Harper moved to brutally eviscerate Helena on the strength of a "second hand" tip from a "third party." Let me see, multiply "second hand" by "third party" and divide by Harper's judgment deficit and you get - a lynching?

Did I hear that correctly? Guergis was not only fired from cabinet but turfed from the Tory caucus on the strength of barely more than a rumour. Incredible.

Must've been some "tip." Must've been some "tipster" too.

Wonder when L'il Stevie will be advertising his own "Conservative Caucus Crimestoppers" hotline?

4 comments:

ck said...

Scandals a plenty these days. Brother Steve throws someone out based on inuendo.

In Quebec, Charest is getting it from some disgruntled ex-MNA, who so obviously has an axe to grind. Our's doesn't have cocaine or busty hookers (well, not yet alleged anyway), but it does have the Mafia; something like right out of a scene from that movie Good Fellas.

What's scary about these scandals; scandals in general is when I heard some twit named George Somebody on Redneck Ryan's show on Astral Talk tonight about how the different levels of government need a coup d'etat. Scary!

Funny, how we hear terms like Military coup and/or coup d'etat from both sides of the border these days...

Anonymous said...

When you ex Minister of Justice has something to say...

Charest refuses to investigate the links between construction firms and ostensibly himself... colour me surprised...

ck said...

I dunno Cherniak. I'm not sayin' Charest has clean hands. I don't think any politician does, especially when corporations are allowed to donate to these parties.

However, this Bellemare is suspicious to me. From what little literature there is regarding Bellemare, it sounds like someone who would love to stick it to his old boss...can he be reliable? Also, that burning question: he resigned 6 years ago. Why now?

It's the timing of it all that is suspicious to me.

Julia Gulia said...

re: Charest being paid to appoint judges: I seriously wonder if this is the way things have been done in Quebec for decades. I wonder if Charest was just playing the same game the previous govm't(s) played. Not saying it is right, but I am wondering if they did a full investigation, you'd find the mafiosos admitted they pay off every govm't since Duplessis died.

Also wondering if this practice is common in other provinces. I hope not, but before I throw stones.....