Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Now That The Emergency's Over - How About a Leadership Contest?

I don't follow these things as closely as I should so please correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of the reason Michael Ignatieff was anointed interim leader of the LPC was due to the prospect of the Harper goverenment falling. Am I right?

So, now that Ignatieff has taken Harper's outstretched hand and formed a Tory-Grit coalition, that whole emergency thing is over, right?

And as Ignatieff has shown himself devoid of both vision and good judgment, wouldn't this be a good time to find a fitting leader for the Liberal Party of Canada?

I realize that, thanks to GG Jean, Stephen Harper and Michael Ignatieff, it's a bit late in the day for contenders to step forward but surely there must be somone who can at least make sure that our Imperial leadership doesn't turn into a rank coronation. Of is it too late?

7 comments:

Oemissions said...

The only person in the Liberal Party I can truly resonate with and trust is: DAVID ORCHARD.

Greg Fingas said...

As I'm sure you saw in the comments here, the leadership race is officially a go, but the candidates only have until February 6 to sell memberships. Which may make Iggy's head start look extremely daunting for any possible challenger.

The Mound of Sound said...

Oem, I like the guy too. At least he knows how to stand up for his beliefs. Wouldn't that be refreshing.

James Bowie said...

Sure. You gunna run? You're allowed to.

Real_PHV_Mentarch said...

how about a leadership race?

Oh yes - if that were to be the case, perhaps I would rejoin the LPC to contribute as much as I can in such an endeavor.

However - it looks like the party cronies have already decided that Iggy will be the next LPC leader ... and too bad for the LPC then.

Triangulation did not work out so well when Dion kept at it - it won't fly either with Iggy.

Nor for the LPC - again.

(which of course reminds me of that pesky 7th Principle of Incompetence ...)

As so here we are ...

(sigh)

tdwebste said...

There are leaders and followers.

The Liberals don't need a leadership contest, because they already have one.

And his name is Harper. The Liberal leadership constantly follow Harper. We are actually Conservatives and didn't know it.

Oemissions said...

What and from where is... that... pesky 7th Principle of Incompetence?