Thursday, September 10, 2020

This Is Getting Ugly

Part of my routine every morning is to check Environment Canada's weather forecast. Now I first visit www.firesmoke.ca to see what I'll be breathing today.

Today is looking pretty grim. Smoke from the Oregon wildfires is being driven hundreds of miles out into the Pacific. Easily 350 miles. Then it hooks north and begins heading back inland, crossing over southern Vancouver Island and on to the Lower Mainland.

I checked the Weather Network and, sure enough, Environment Canada has smoke warnings for the island and the Lower Mainland. Bugger.

Due to the vagaries of wind patterns and the spread of these various fires, the forecasts are limited to just a couple of days.

I've got my fancy air purifier going and my respirator mask ready if I have to go out and I think I will, briefly. 

 

No comments: