Sunday, December 15, 2013

Let It Snow, Let It Snow

I know that many of my progressive friends are dealing with a lot of snow these days.   Here's my Christmas gift to you.  It's a vastly better way to help you shovel your driveways and walks.

I know how well this product, the "wovel" works because I read about it in Time magazine and bought one. You don't have to bend your back.  You don't have to lift a shovel full of wet snow.   It really is the next best thing to having a snowblower.   I think Canadian Tire was carrying them.


5 comments:

Lorne said...

We in the East thank you, Mound. We are sad that those of you on the West Coast cannot enjoy the magic of snow. ;)

The Mound of Sound said...

No need for thanks or sadness, Lorne. Yes, it is true that we rarely enjoy more than a dusting or two of snow on our lawns each winter but snow we have aplenty. Many years ago the original inhabitants of this fair land decided that we would keep our snow in a place where it could be admired, year round, by all; a place where it would not be sullied and abused by human presence. And so the elders of that ancient time proclaimed that, henceforth, our snow would be kept safely atop our mountains for all to see even in the height of summer. And it was done and it was good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'll give you my snowblower when you pry it from my cold, frozen hands.

The Mound of Sound said...

Years ago an elderly neighbour asked if I would go halfers with him on a snowblower. I agreed but on condition that he store the thing at his place. He didn't have any room for it and neither did I.

So I wound up settling for the next best thing, this wheeled contraption, and it really works.