Friday, October 05, 2012

I'm Not Like My Father - J. Trudeau

When it comes right down to it, Justin Trudeau really has just one thing going for him, his youth.  It's sad that he doesn't seem to want that getting in his way.

Trudeau showed he's simply a younger version of the traditional, celo-packaged Liberal hack when he hemmed and hawed about Enbridge and the Northern Gateway pipeline.   The route is bad, he said.

Really, that's it?   The route is bad?   Trudeau is barely a quarter notch past Ignatieff on that.   The route is bad.

Trudeau doesn't seem able to discuss the tar sands in the context of fossil fuels and what that's going to mean for his generation and his kids'.  He's skirting around the biggest threat that he and his will have to endure.  "No, no, - no problem here.  This Trudeau's on-side with the bitumen business.   I'm not my father, nothing remotely like him."  Indeed.

I could be wrong but I like to think Justin's father would have been profoundly disappointed with his son's obsequious weaving and ducking this week.  It's a safe bet that for every vote he gained in Alberta, both of them, he lost vastly more in British Columbia.

Kind of reminds me of Mark Twain's line about how so many men die at 27 but don't get buried until they reach 72.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick Mercer would be a better choice for Liberal Party Leader.

Oemissions said...

I sense that Justin has more buzz than substance.
Reminds me of Christmas.