Saturday, May 11, 2019

Confused About Climate Change? Worried About Mass Extinction? Why Not Ask an Expert?



These dire scientific questions that confront us today can become overwhelming. Why not leave that to the experts? How about someone who studied English literature?

The Globe's in-house contrarian, Margaret Wente, has a little more patronizing advice. Don't sweat mass extinction. Who needs scientists when you've got someone like Maggie to set you straight? If that's not enough, how about that other English major, T-Rex Murphy?

8 comments:

rumleyfips said...

Sorry, you said in house contrarian. I think you meant in house comedian.

Anonymous said...

In House Plagerist and Rape Denialist

Anonymous said...

Against my better judgment, I clicked on your link. Fortunately, I got an error message that said I was blocked. I haven't read a Wente article in about 5 years and I almost broke my streak. That was a close one!

Cap

The Mound of Sound said...

Cap, what did you do to deserve such good fortune?

Anonymous said...

Android device, Mound. The damn phone knows more about my preferences than I do!

Cap

The Mound of Sound said...

Good to hear. Suddenly I'm so much appreciative of my Pixel.

Purple library guy said...

Hey! I'm an English major. It's not about the major, it's about selling your soul to the bidders with the cash.

Anonymous said...

12:21....Absolutely and utterly on the mark. How about an English major, an environmentalist and political science.