Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It Doesn't Help to Call Oprah a "Cannibal"

The Swiss shopgirl at the centre of controversy for allegedly refusing to show Oprah Winfrey a purse, claiming she couldn't afford it, is defending herself - clumsily. 

The woman denies Winfrey's claim, says that never happened and there was definitely no racism involved in their encounter.

The clerk, who spoke anonymously, [said] she feels "powerless" in the face of the prominent media mogul's accusations.  "I don't know why she is making these accusations.  She is so powerful and I am just a shop girl."

"I don't know why someone as great as her must cannibalize me on TV."

2 comments:

double nickel said...

Her comments were apparently translated. Lots of room for misinterpretation.

The Mound of Sound said...

I think the word "cannibal" probably translates pretty clearly.