Friday, October 23, 2015

The Great One Says He's At the Call of Any Prime Minister

Wayne Gretzky has set the record straight. He really didn't mean anything by his blowjob endorsement of Stephen Harper in which he praised Shifty as an "unreal prime minister" who had been "wonderful for the whole country."

He wasn't really being partisan. It's just that, for Wayne, prime ministers are 'friends with benefits.'

“In 1981, I did a luncheon for prime minister (Pierre) Trudeau at the time. In 1986, Mr. (Brian) Mulroney and (his wife) Mila asked me to host an event for a charity of their choice, which I did,” he said in an interview about his No. 99 Wayne Gretzky Collection fashion line.

The 54-year-old Gretzky also recalled joining Jean Chrétien in the Czech Republic in 2003 to help promote Canada’s bid for the 2010 Winter Olympics.

“When Mr. Harper reached out to me and asked me to do a Q&A with him, it’s simple: I can’t vote in this country. But . . . when the prime minister of Canada calls you, you say: ‘OK, I’ll do the favour for you.’ So whoever is going to be the next prime minister, if they call me for the favour I’d reach out again.”


Keep an eye on Justin, Sophie. Wayne's ready to "reach out again."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyong said: That is a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

He's probably trying to claw back his credibility after sales of his 'wine' have taken a hit.

Lorne said...

If we take Gretsky at his word, doesn't that make him some kind of whore, Mound?

The Mound of Sound said...

You might be drawn to that conclusion, Lorne.