Thursday, July 27, 2017

Three Days on the Job and Scary Moochie Runs Amok.


Maybe Donald Trump is so depraved that he likes the deranged antics of his new-hire communications director, Tony Scaramucchi.

Enraged that a New Yorker reporter, Ryan Lizza, had tweeted that Scaramucchi, along with FOX mouthpiece Sean Hannity and Donald Trump were having dinner in the White House, Scaramucchi got on the phone to Lizza and began to unload.

Scary Moochie demanded to know who had leaked the information. Lizza refused. With that Trump's new coms guy launched into a tirade against the plotters, chief of staff Reince Priebus and strategist Steve Bannon.

He denounced Priebus calling him " a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac.” He then laid into Bannon. “I’m not Steve Bannon, I’m not trying to suck my own c#@k,” he said, speaking of Trump’s chief strategist. “I’m not trying to build my own brand off the fucking strength of the President." 

He reiterated that Priebus would resign soon, and he noted that he told Trump that he expected Priebus to launch a campaign against him. “He didn’t get the hint that I was reporting directly to the President,” he said. “And I said to the President here are the four or five things that he will do to me.” His list of allegations included leaking the Hannity dinner and the details from his financial-disclosure form.

I got the sense that Scaramucci’s campaign against leakers flows from his intense loyalty to Trump. Unlike other Trump advisers, I’ve never heard him say a bad word about the President. “What I want to do is I want to fucking kill all the leakers and I want to get the President’s agenda on track so we can succeed for the American people,” he told me.

He cryptically suggested that he had more information about White House aides. “O.K., the Mooch showed up a week ago,” he said. “This is going to get cleaned up very shortly, O.K.? Because I nailed these guys. I’ve got digital fingerprints on everything they’ve done through the F.B.I. and the fucking Department of Justice.”

“What?” I interjected.

“Well, the felony, they’re gonna get prosecuted, probably, for the felony.” He added, “The lie detector starts—” but then he changed the subject and returned to what he thought was the illegal leak of his financial-disclosure forms. I asked if the President knew all of this.

The "felony" the coms don referenced was the leak of his financial disclosure statement. However, as Politifact notes, Scaramucchi is as detached from reality as the man he worships, the Cheeto Benito.

First, it’s important to note that the financial disclosure was a public record, not secret information.

Second, Scaramucci’s financial disclosure form wasn’t leaked. It was available upon request from Scaramucci’s former employer, the Export-Import Bank, as of July 23, 2017, or 30 days after it was filed.

This is how Lorraine Woellert, the Politico reporter who broke the story, got it.

"My source for @Scaramucci financials was Ex-Im Bank. Period."

It's hard to imagine how a newly appointed top aide to a president would fly in a rage and make such vulgar, groundless statements to a reporter from a major news magazine from that president's own home town. Is the guy unhinged? Was he on something? Is he just way in over his head? Or is Moochie, not Priebus, the real "fucking paranoid schizophrenic"?





10 comments:

Toby said...

That's probably why he was hired.

Anonymous said...

I've always liked that young Ryan Lizza- but I would have interjected- "What!?" when da mooch threatened to "f*cking kill" a whole group of people. Is the FBI onto him yet? He talks like a 'made man', or, one in the making.

The Mound of Sound said...

LALI, he gave me that "made man" impression too. Then again, Trump has a long and rich history of dealings with thugs and gangsters. They share the same levels of linguistic fluency among other things. No small irony that this guy is Trump's "communications" czar.

deb said...

This is what happens when the orange bloat hires Tony Soprano for his communications director. This White House has become a reality series on crack, its beyond insane. I just hope things can go back to some normalcy in 2020.
I cannot wait for SNL to return in september, as the portrayal of the "mooch" is gonna be hilarious:P
meanwhile this so called leader is setting fire to every part of the white house, and this time america didnt need canada to help burn the place down:P

The Mound of Sound said...


Scaramucchi is only posing as 'communications director.' He's actually auditioning to replace Priebus as chief of staff.

deb said...

well mound he is gonna be like "the best" chief of staff ever, so good he can replace the orange leader as the biggest ego in the room:P
and his tweets and interviews are even more audacious:P

Anonymous said...

Speaking of gasoline, deb, the whole g*ddamned bunch of them remind me of a song-
"pourin' gasoline on the killin' field...". (Shovels n Rope- Gasoline. very Americana.)

Anonymous said...

i meant speaking of 'settin' fire'.

deb said...

its excellent lyrics for america, for sure LALI!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it, though? I listen to Bob Dylan, and if there were any tears left--I'd weep. All that's left now is the fight. Nice is gone. Fled.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this reality that presents as a fresh hell every morning upon awakening: the 1%ers, the Wall Street Wolves, Barons & Swamp Masters,
a loose affiliation of world-wide mobsters, and Sebastien Gorka, are in f*cking charge of the whole damn thing. My brain is having great difficulty with all of this.