Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Well There Goes the Nativity Set


Apparently "we" (that'd be the Vatican) really doesn't know when Jesus was born but they're guessing it was somewhere between 7 and 2 B.C.   Then again, how could he have been born before B.C.?  Wouldn't that be C.B.C. and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's spoken for.  I don't know, this is way too deep for me.

Anyway, Joe "The Rat" Ratzinger, better known as Pope Benny to the likes of you, says not only do we have the birth year of Jesus all wrong, there weren't any oxen, donkeys, sheep, goats or any other animals present at the birth?   Really?   It's an inn, the inn's stables.  What would a sold out inn have in its stables but animals?    I don't know, go figure.

In other earth shaking religious news, Rowan Atkinson has announced there'll be no more Mr. Bean.

"I suddenly think the job of acting is a difficult one,” says Rowan Atkinson. “It’s not as flip, irrelevant and shallow a calling as I thought it was in the Eighties.

No comments: