Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Making Sense of Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death

The death of Philip Seymour Hoffman elicited a range of powerful emotions.  Some expressed empathy and sorrow.  Others were incredibly dismissive and hostile.  It made me realize how removed most of us are from the nightmare of addiction.  The fact is, I really don't have a clue and I suspect most of us who weighed in on this were in the same boat.

That said, I found this item in The Guardian really enlightening.  The paper solicited responses to Hoffman's death from heroin addicts and received 300-responses.  Follow the link, have a read, and you'll probably find it eye-opening.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Thank you for sharing this enlightening article, because I, like you have no idea about such addictions...

WAHM Shelley...