Monday, March 10, 2008

Why Do They Drag Their Wives Through It With Them?



New York governor Eliot Spitzer has all but expressly admitted he enjoyed the services of one or more prostitutes. At a hastily-summoned press conference, Spitzer ducked the hard question, saying only that he had violated his obligations to his family, "I failed to live up to the standards I set up to myself. Now I stand to regain the trust of my family," he added, as his wife, Silda, stood by his side.

What I don't get is why these guys find it necessary to drag their wives through it when they're caught. B.C. premier Gordon Campbell did it, so did Bill Clinton. It's as though they're saying, "Look, she's still here beside me, so it's not all that bad and you - get over it."
At least Kobe Bryant's wife got a huge diamond ring out of it when it was her turn to stand by her man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple, they can't bring their hooker to the podium.

The Mound of Sound said...

Good one. Close to perfect.

Cheers!

LeDaro said...

To add to anon, hooker may cost at least $5500 for such appearance. Wife is free of charge.

The Mound of Sound said...

I hardly think Ms. Spitzer's appearance is going to be free of charge. Look at her face. He'll be paying for this, in so many ways, for a long time to come. It's what happens to those who've set the bar as high as ES.