Friday, May 10, 2013

No Warts, No Boils - Yet

No boils.   Not a wart to be seen.

I was a little worried about what I might discover when I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror this morning.   Yesterday I voted NDP for the first time ever.  For this guy.


Now, in fairness,  I didn't have a lot of choice.  The B.C. Greens were not running a candidate in my riding.   But still, the NDP and, to top it off,  I had to vote in a church hall, fundamentalist at that!

I didn't really have a lot of choice, none at all in fact.  Even if the NDP seem a bit wobbly, the alternative party is steeped in dishonesty, deceit and corruption.   If you re-elect a party with the chequered recent history of the the B.C. Libs what can you expect but more of the same?

As I went to mark my ballot I kept going through a list - B.C. Rail, B.C. Hydro, B.C. Ferries, H.S.T., coastal fish farms - and from that I knew what I had to do.

Done.

6 comments:

Anyong said...

Good for you. It's the only a message can be sent...vote for the opposition.

Dana said...

I didn't know you lived in Vancouver-Kingsway.

The Mound of Sound said...

Dana you know full well my riding. It turns out the Greens are running candidates in but 58 of 85 provincial ridings, mine not being among them. Oh well it certainly made my choice easier.

Dana said...

Yes, I know your riding but you couldn't have voted for Adrian Dix, could you?

Who is your candidate?

The Mound of Sound said...

Brain-dead me. The guy here is Barry Avis who has served on the Qualicum Beach council for 9-years. Two B.C. Green candidates showed up in the riding to support him.

The Libs are actually running an interesting candidate, a young mother and paralympic medalist, Michelle Stilwell. I had a good exchange with her but nothing she said changed my views on her party.

Hugh said...

$560 million stadium roof,
Pacific Carbon Trust,
TILMA,
Smart Meters,
etc..