Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Apparently It's Our Fault. Sorry.

Hey, Nice Car!

I won't tell you about the lovely motorcycle ride along the coast road I enjoyed yesterday.  It was great but I won't get into that. And I'm not going to whine about having to cut the damned lawn, again. The crocuses and daffs that are coming up?  Who hasn't seen flowers?  They're just flowers.  The herbs, though, they're really coming in beautifully.  The chives are magnificent.

I won't get into this stuff because I know most of you are freezing your buns off. EnviroCan claims it's all our fault.  Something to do with an enormous high pressure front parked just off the Pacific coast that's triggering Arctic fronts to pour down through the prairies, central and eastern Canada.

Sorry about that.  If I could make it all better I would.  I can't.

And right here, right now I want to say sorry again because, according to EnviroCan, you're just going to keep getting more cold fronts for the next month or two, that Pacific thing again.  But, hey, you're breaking all kinds of records! That's something, isn't it?

And at least you're getting a winter, even if it is fierce.  We didn't get one this year.  We were even in a losing battle to keep some of our ski resorts open.  A bunch are already closed for the year.

So be sure to dress warmly.  Keep the snow shovel and the bag of rock salt handy.  Before you know it, it'll be May.  And, until then, again I'm sorry.


9 comments:

Lorne said...

Your heartfelt sympathies to those of us in most of the country make all the difference, Mound. Now that I know our pain is being shared, life seems so much better.

The Mound of Sound said...

Lorne, I feel your pain, I truly do. Oh, not that sort of lower back pain or the sore shoulder pain from shoveling snow, not that sort, but your spiritual pain. That I share with you. ;-)

Anonymous said...

And when it stops raining , or the Big One hits ,remind me to send you an umbrella and a wreath.

The Mound of Sound said...

"stops raining" - what is that? Rain stops. Hmm, that must be nice.

karen said...

I'm working in Castlegar. It's unseasonably warm, the mayflies are out, there is no snowpack here. I find it quite scary.

The Mound of Sound said...

It is scary, Karen. We're witnessing many changes and we really have no idea what consequences will befall us over the course of several years. We can joke about the weather but it's really climate change that's unfolding before our eyes.

Tim said...

I'm hoping that this current winter in the Maritimes forces people to realize the capitalist idea of work is nonsense. People are totally divorced from the realities of nature. They seem to think they can carry on the way the wish no matter what because of the security and power provided by fossil fuels. People are griping that kids have had too many snow days, they need to have days added. It's all baloney, they are jealous that kids aren't on the hamster wheel yet. No one seems to get that our desire to have our will imposed is what's making things worse and that the harder we try the worse it will get.
Anyway that was my diatribe for the day. Thanks!

The Mound of Sound said...

"our desire to have our will imposed is what's making things worse and that the harder we try the worse it will get"

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up, Tim.

Anonymous said...

Not discounting what you have written...just a comment. Winters in Newfoundland when I waa young were exactly what it is this winter from the time I can remember until the late seventies. Anyong.