One of the perks that comes with being justice minister is the ability to lay on the pork. Peter MacKay seems to have that well in hand. Why, just ask his personal friends - the gang that Peter has appointed to the bench in Nova Scotia.
MacKay was appointed attorney general and justice minister in 2013. Since then, he's made provincial Supreme Court justices of:
- Josh Arnold, a friend who served as best man at MacKay's 2012 wedding. He was also a regular financial donor to the Central Nova Progressive Conservative Association from 2008 to 2010.
- Cindy Cormier, Arnold's wife and a friend of MacKay's.
- James Chipman, a past president of the Conservative Party's Halifax West riding association and regular donor to the Central Nova Conservative Association from 2008 to 2010.
- Ted Scanlan, a past president of the Central Nova riding association and a former campaign manager for Elmer MacKay, Peter MacKay's father.
- Jeffrey Hunt, former executive vice-president of the Nova Scotia Progressive Conservative Association.
- LouAnn Chiasson, a colleague of MacKay's at the Dalhousie Law School.