Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Is Obama Bombing the Right Targets?



Maybe Obama needs to expand the target list for his bombers trying to thwart Islamist extremists in Iraq.  Why not bomb a few royal palaces in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and other Gulf states?  These crown princes and sheikhs unleashed Sunni outfits like Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda and lavishly funded them for years. Many believe they're still funding them under the table.

What sanctions are being imposed on these prominent Arabs by the West?  None. Why not?  Because they're our friends, supposedly.  Or at least they sell us oil and buy our weapons.  But what kind of friend supports Wahhabists and Salafists? That would be an underhanded, double-dealing friend and that's no friend at all.

It's time our "friends" were handed the Butcher's Bill for their perfidy.  They've got oodles of weapons.  We saw to that.  They've got plenty of people to use them.  We trained those guys.  It's time we told our "friends" that it's on them now.  It's on them to intervene to defeat ISIS and hunt down Islamist terrorists wherever they have spread.

This is their mess.  They can damned well clean it up.  Or else we can just start leveling their palaces until they see the light.

2 comments:

theo said...

I couldn’t agree more. I have a comment that is not on topic but I hope you will publish. If not, that is fine as well Good to see you again. :}


I cry a lot. Sometimes it is joy, which is a good thing. However, ever since the ascension of Reagan in the USA, I have seen more and more of the authoritarian and corporatocracy infect the the so-called democracies of the world. Corporations run the Western democracies, not the citizens who reside in them. Because the Western democracies essentially drive the planet I have seen over the last 30+ years a devolvement of cooperation to the benefit of a few global entities whose only raison d’etre relies on the next quarter.

China, of course, changes that particular dynamic because they have a history of thinking very long term and if the corporations don’t follow their advice, heads are removed. China is becoming the driving economic force in the world and as corporations are run by sociopathic scum that have no moral ethics whatsoever the Western democracies are particularly vulnerable to the the long term thinking of China.

So I cry more often in sadness than in joy. The USA, which for all its faults, I once regarded as the greatest of countries, has become an idiotocracy. Someone once said, “Shit tends to float”. Never were truer words spoken in regards to the US electoral system and sadly, it has become gamed to that fact. The shit are the ones that get the money to compete at the electoral level. Any person of moral conscience that succeeds is denigrated and thrown to the sidelines of public discourse unless it serves a narrative of corporate advantage. The internet has alleviated that a tiny bit, but realistically, no.

The planet is facing monumental challenges due to man-made climate changes. These changes are already affecting all of us. Nothing is being done on the Western democracy side because that might affect the next quarterly earnings of the corporations that run them. As an aside, the corporatocracy knows their actions are ultimately going to kill BILLIONS of us. There is no other possible outcome. They say otherwise. They lie. Realistically, the planet cannot support the people that live currently on it. Yet, we, as a species, continue to propagate beyond that. Do you think China does not consider these scenarios?

So I cry. My grandchildren very likely will live through hell, or die. I regret to say that hate fills a large portion of my character. I try and balance that through my art which I do simply on the hope I make people smile. Then I read of of Robin Williams. A person who made tens of millions smile over the decades and he killed himself. I wonder if it was his inner demons that truly made him take his life or was it those demons attacked his sense of helplessness that he felt observing the world in 2014. I know I feel that way but I do not suffer from clinical depression. If I did, I am pretty sure I would be dead.

astone said...

It's as if I dictated this post to you, except,I do suffer from depression. I don't see any hope for the future and have advised my children against procreation. I believe that bringing children into this world is an act of selfishness. Good luck Theo!...
Nice to have you back on your own site Mound. I read you every day, and agree with everything that you post.